Over time, restaurants have become not only a place to have a nice lunch but a part of a certain lifestyle as well. Palace-like restaurants deliver extraordinary experience while places prioritizing their national cuisines propose a whole new gamut of tastes.
But such locations will cause sticker shock to unprepared or new individuals. They are amongst, if not the most expensive restaurants around the world, and their price tag is well worth every single cent spent. So if you can’t afford to eat at them yet, play the online lottery to win some spending money for these delicious restaurants. Let us discuss a few of these restaurants and see what they have to offer.
1. Restaurant Le Meurice, Paris. The owner of the restaurant Alain Ducasse charms his own enchantment to the exotic Le Meurice. The chef’s group menu starts at $509 per person while lunch costs $174. These prices don’t even include beverages or taxes! For this much money, you can taste three specialties plus a selection of cheeses and desserts.
The Versailles-inspired dining hall amazes revelers by its feel of opulence as is shown in the antique mirrors and crystal chandeliers. When in Paris, you just have to visit Le Meurice to experience the atmosphere of royal lunch!
2. Masa, New York City. Masa is possibly is the most known restaurant in the world. It is headed by the Chinese world-renowned chef Masa Takayama, in honor of whom the place is named. Since 2006, Masa has been a superior location for exotic dinners. Two principles reign at Masa restaurant, simplicity and the essential flavor of each ingredient.
Here, dishes without beverages and tax cost from about $450 while a simple cancellation of reservation costs $200! Although the menu may seem harsh in presentation, you will discover that the lack of crazy touch adds to the appeal of the restaurant.
3. Maison Pic, Valence, France. The French diner is owned by the Pic family and is currently run by chef Anne-Sophie Pic. She holds the distinction of being one of the six female chefs in the world heading a Michelin three-star kitchen. Maison Pic’s menu offers various delicacies, including Mediterranean rouget in a saffron broth and deer marinated in sake lees, which have been and are still their signature dishes.
The over-$400 Collection Pic Menu features the costliest offerings of the restaurant, and the chef continues to add her own personal twist to the classic dishes. If food makes you happy, then this restaurant will have you falling in love!
4. Kitcho, Kyoto, Japan. Run by the award-winning chef KunioTokuoka, this restaurant views food as an art and thereby delivers enjoyment in every bite. Just sampling a meal in kaiseki, a style of dining widely considered the embodiment of the century-conceived and executed Japanese cuisine, will cost around 43,200 JPY ($390).
The third-generation chef offers elegant series of plates with seasonal and local ingredients, including abalone and tofu with sea urchin. If you happen to travel to Kyoto, you should definitely spare time and pay a visit to Kitcho!
5. Aragawa, Tokyo. This restaurant draws meat lovers from all around the planet. The chief delicacy of Aragawa is the Sanda beef. For this dish, pure-breed Tajima cattle are raised in the Sanda region of the Hyogo Prefecture for twenty-eight months, after which they are subjected to meticulous tests. Only the cattle fulfilling certain criteria are used.
Aragawa will deliver ultimate wagyu experience to those looking for outstanding beef. If you will be ordering from the prix fixe menu, you will have to spend between 28,870 JPY ($261) to 34,650 JPY ($313) in this restaurant.
There are many more amazing restaurants around the world that may not cost as much or need you to gamble to afford. Any food you eat in Italy would be mind-blowing, but it’s also the atmosphere and experience these expensive word restaurants give you.