Tourists and travelers are looking for comfort and convenience, and this is the reason why car rental is immensely popular. After all, you get the freedom to navigate your destination at your own pace and time. The best part is that there are plenty of choices available to suit your needs and pocket. You could browse for family vans, convertibles, minis, whether going for a business meeting or a family holiday or are just traveling with friends. Finding a car on hire is easy. The difficult part is zeroing in on the right deal. With so many car rental companies, offering a wide range of vehicles and at different pricing options, it would sure take some time and effort to hunt for good fares and the best vehicle for your needs.
A car rental comparison service is worth a closer look. It is sad to see that most travelers do not offer the same scrutiny to the car hires as for the airfares or room rates. They are under the wrong misconception that that car rental rates and services from different companies are the same. However, this is far from true. If one searches in the right direction and knows what to look for, they will not only land the best car rental services but end up saving their money and avoid any rip-offs.
Top 10 tips on saving money on your car hire-
- It is a good idea to book as early as possible for the best deal to save your bucks. Car rental companies are willing to offer discounts to those customers who plan well in advance and make early bookings when planning their vacation.
- Choose a car rental company with competitive rates. Search online, get referrals from friends and make some good comparison before making the final bookings. If you do not compare the car hire agencies, you are likely to lose your money.
- The car hire company should be completely transparent and make it very clear as to what all is included in the rental cost. It should explain any excesses, extras, and conditions in the invoice.
- Don’t opt for a prepaid rental. Although some car rental companies offer a discount if you prepay, you will end up spending more money.
- Reported car hire companies always offer a full-to-full option, and it means that you avoid the risk of paying more to the enterprise. Most of the times, the customer pays for the full tank of petrol and doesn’t get to use all the fuel.
- Go for a good car rental firm like holidayautos.co.uk that provides cover and will not claim negligence and charge for the complete cost of such damage. Keep those aspects in mind when looking for a car hire.
- Do not rent your car at the airport as the car agencies have to pay a daily airport tax for airport locations. The costs could go as high as 25 percent of your complete rental, and you are unnecessarily paying the airport tax.
- Avoid making a reservation when a car rental broker is involved as your contract is always with the car rental company. The brokers will just wash their hands off any problem that arises.
- Do not get carried away by agents who may try to motivate and upgrade to a bigger car. Refuse all attempts and read the paperwork before you sign to make sure that no upgrade has been included.
- There is no need to go for the famous and well-known brands in car rentals. There are several smaller companies that offer equally good services and at lower rates.