One of my favorite soup's of all time is Chili's Chicken Enchilada Soup. Here is the recipe for it it makes 12 servings as is even better the next day.
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 lb. of chicken breast fillets
1/2 cup diced onion
1 clove garlic, pressed
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup masa harina (Found in the Mexican Food Section)
3 cups water
1 cup enchilada sauce (Non-spicy)
16 ounces Velveeta
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add chicken breasts to pot and brown for 4-5 minutes per side. Set chicken aside.
2. Add onions and garlic to pot and sauté over medium heat for about 2 minutes, or until onions begin to become translucent. Add chicken broth.
3. Combine masa harina with 2 cups of water in a medium bowl and whisk until blended. Add masa mixture to pot with onions, garlic and broth.
4. Add remaining water, enchilada sauce, cheese and spices to pot and bring mixture to a boil.
5. Shred the chicken into small, bite-size pieces and add it to the pot. Reduce heat and simmer soup for 30-40 minutes or until thick.
6. Serve soup in cups or bowls, and garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled corn tortilla chips, and pico de gallo.