November 26, 2001
Upside Down Fuzzy Navel Cake
This is a little something that my friend Rina and I like to call Happy Cake. I had to go and find it on my old recipes page because I am always loosing this when I want it!
I made this without the two garnish toppings last time, and it was perfectly divine without them.
- 1/2 cup firmly packed bown sugar
- 1 29 ounce can sliced peaches, drained
Spray Bundt pan with Pam cooking spray. Sprinkle brown sugar in grooves of pan and add sliced peaches and maraschino cherries.
- 1 pkg Pillsbury yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 (3 1/2 oz) pkg instant vanilla pudding
- 1/4 cup peach Schnapps
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 4 eggs
Combine above ingredients; mix at low speed until moistened. Beat for 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in last minute by hand 1 tablespoon orange peel. Pour over peach slices and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 60 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes, inverted. Remove from pan.
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons peach Schnapps
Mix ingredients together and drip over cool cake.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoon peach Schnapps
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Can freeze the cake before adding garnish.